This post may contain affiliate links.
Beetroot has to be my favourite vegetable but I don’t like it when it’s prepared cooked or baked. I like it best when it’s raw, whether shredded or spiralized. That’s why I also prefer to use raw beetroot in beetroot latte instead of beetroot powder. With raw beetroot all the nutrients of this vegetable are preserved.
This latte is a delight to drink. It has a gentle taste and an adorable pink colour. The addition of cashew butter makes this latte creamy. Medjool dates bring a natural sweetness to it. And vanilla powder makes the whole latte more mellow and tasty. Serve beetroot latte warm or cold depending on the season you are in when you desire this beautiful drink.
Beetroot Latte (V, GF)
- 240 ml (1 cup) unsweetened soy or cashew milk
- 25-40 g raw beetroot peeled and sliced
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 12 g (2 tsp) cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- ice cubes if making iced latte
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a pot over stove and gently heat it. Mix while you're heating it so it doesn't stick to the bottom. Pour into a cup and serve warm.
- If you want to make iced beetroot latte, skip heating the latte. Just put some ice cubes in a glass and pour the latte over it.
Walking Through Lavender Fields is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Walking Through Lavender Fields will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use through my affiliate links.