One summer my husband and I were on a road trip in France where we discovered this healthy and delicious snack. Every day we had a few hours of driving ahead of us and it was hard to find vegan options in French restaurants. We started buying food mainly from the stores along the road. There we first discovered Alpro soy yogurt and decided to try it. At the same time we bought different fresh berries and peanut butter. When we later on stopped by the road to munch on our snacks, we discovered how amazing this simple snack can be if you put these ingredients together.
Since then this is our go to solution whenever we can’t get to a decent meal on our trips. It can be either for breakfast or during the day. We buy soy yogurt, lots of berries, sometimes banana and if we are lucky fresh figs. I now prefer to top this mixture with Biscoff spread instead of peanut butter.
When you’re at home you can make the presentation of this meal a lot better. You can create a banana split that has soy yogurt in the middle instead of ice cream. You can get very creative also with the toppings and use granola, roasted nuts, seeds or maybe some melted chocolate. I still prefer a simpler version with just some melted Biscoff spread.
Breakfast Banana Split or a Simple Road Trip Snack (V, GF option)
- 1 banana halved length wise
- 250 g (1 cup) soy yogurt (I like Alpro)
- 75 g blackberries
- 75 g blueberries
- 75 g raspberries
- 1 fig sliced
- 20 g Biscoff spread or peanut butter (I like Rich Roast from Meridian) or hazelnut butter melted
- Halve the banana lengthwise.
- Put both halves of the banana on a larger plate so that they touch each other with both ends.
- Put soy yogurt in the middle.
- Scatter berries and sliced figs over the yogurt.
- Melt Biscoff spread or a spread of choice over low heat. Drizzle it over the banana split.