This buckwheat with peanuts is an easy side dish that can be prepared really quickly. Just roast the peanuts in the oven and meanwhile cook the buckwheat in water. The result is a fluffy buckwheat with pops of nutty flavour from the peanuts. This dish goes really well with sautéed leafy greens and beans.
More delicious side dishes:
Buckwheat with Peanuts (V, GF)
- 30 g peanuts roasted
- 100 g buckwheat
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- salt to taste
- Roast peanuts at 180 °C for 10 min. Leave them to cool a little bit then rub their skin off with your fingers.
- While peanuts are roasting put buckwheat and water in a pot and heat it over the stove. Bring it to boil then turn the heat off and leave it covered on the turned off stove for 15 min.
- Remove from the heat, add salt (I put 1/3 tsp) and mix.
- Add roasted peanuts and mix again.
- Serve warm. It goes really well with sautéed leafy greens and beans.