I’m always a little bit sad at breakfast in hotels where they have Nutella and I can’t have it because it’s not plant based. Especially since I know how easy it is to make a dairy free version at home.
I’ve created a delicious version of this spread. You can use it as a simple spread on toast, as a spread in vegan crepes or as a topping for porridge. You can also make vegan Ferrero Rocher bliss balls with it.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, Nutella Inspired (V, GF)
- Roast hazelnuts at 180 °C for 10 min. When they cool down a little bit, rub them with your fingers to peel their skin off. It doesn't have to be perfect, just that you remove the majority off.
- Put hazelnuts in a blender and mix so they transform into hazelnut butter.
- Now add evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla to the hazelnut butter and blend everything together.
- Chop chocolate into smaller pieces and put them in a double boiler over low heat to slowly melt. Add melted chocolate to the mixture and blend again.
- Pour the content into a bowl and store it in the fridge.