I do love my morning cappuccino with the mixture of 3 plant based milks. But sometimes it’s nice to flip the routine and try something different. Matcha latte is great for those occasions. This vegan drink is delicious, creamy and can make for a delightful start of a new day.
To sweeten my matcha latte I use healthy medjool dates while the addition of cashew butter mellows the matcha taste that can be a bit rough on its own. I use cashew milk in my matcha latte as I find it to be the best companion to matcha powder. I tried some other plant based milks and the taste was not as good.
The preparation for this warming drink is very simple, just blend everything together then warm it over the stove. Optionally sprinkle some matcha powder on top.
Matcha Latte (V, GF)
- 240 ml (1 cup) cashew milk
- 12 g (2 tsp) cashew butter
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 medjool date pitted
- a sprinkle of matcha powder
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Pour the latte in a pot and heat it over the stove. Don't boil it.
- Transfer the latte into a cup and sprinkle some matcha powder on top.
- For the iced matcha latte, skip the heating, make sure to use chilled cashew milk from the fridge and pour the content from the blender into a glass with ice cubes.