This post may contain affiliate links.
When I’m craving a high protein breakfast this omelette is one of the meals that I enjoy very much. The main ingredient is silken tofu which imitates that eggy structure. I also put in nutritional yeast, cashews and vegan cream cheese that add some cheesy flavour.
This meal doesn’t need a lot of preparation. Just mix everything together in a blender then cook the omelette in a pan. You can eat the omelette without any filling or choose a filling you like. For me this omelette goes best together with vegan sausage, lentils, beans and beetroot.
Omelette with Silken Tofu (V, GF)
For making omelette:
- 1/3 tsp vegan butter
- vegan sausage store bought or homemade, gluten free if needed
- red lentils
- beetroot grated
- beans of choice
- avocado sliced
- micro greens
- parsley chopped
- First prepare the filling if using any. For the filling that I'm using I cook store bought vegan sausage on a pan for a couple of minutes, turning it around so that every side is cooked. I cook red lentils in water for 5 min then I drain the excess water. To the bowl with lentils I add some beans (from a can) and grated beetroot. I slice the cooked vegan sausage and add it to the mix as well. I mix everything together.
- Put all ingredients for the omelette batter into a blender and mix well, scraping down the sides until the mixture is very smooth.
- Heat a non sticky pan on high heat and melt vegan butter. Transfer the omelette batter into the pan and spread it with the back of a spoon evenly. Don't try to make it very thin, it's suppose to be thicker.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 5 min.
- Uncover the pan and if you are not using any filling, carefully flip the omelette, cover the pan again and cook for another 5 min. If you are using filling, place it on half of the omelette then carefully lift the other half of the omelette and cover the filling with it. Cover the pan and cook another 3-5 min.
- Serve warm with some sliced avocado and micro greens or just a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top for decoration.
Walking Through Lavender Fields is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Walking Through Lavender Fields will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use through my affiliate links.