This post may contain affiliate links.
This delicious smoothie bowl is a great way of having a high protein breakfast prepared in just a few minutes. The base for this smoothie consists of silken tofu, peanut butter, soy milk and cocoa powder. I wanted to create a smoothie base without a banana which usually overpowers other ingredients. The taste of peanut butter in this bowl is coming through distinctly and there is a subtle chocolate taste with it. The protein from silken tofu gives you the feeling of fullness.
For toppings you can choose your favourite ones. My suggested toppings are banana slices, roasted peanuts, hemp seeds, grated chocolate, hot fudge sauce, peanut butter and buckwheat groats.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl (V, GF)
- 250 g silken tofu I used extra-firm silken tofu
- 45 g (2 1/2 tbsp) peanut butter I used Richer Roast Meridian
- 4-5 g (1 1/2 – 2 tsp) cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 medjool dates
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) unsweetened soy milk
- sliced banana
- roasted peanuts
- hemp seeds
- grated chocolate
- hot fudge sauce
- peanut butter
- buckwheat groats
- Put all ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and mix well. Put less or more cocoa powder depending on your preference for intensity of chocolate flavour.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Top with desired toppings.
Walking Through Lavender Fields is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Walking Through Lavender Fields will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use through my affiliate links.