The idea for this sandwich came to me while I was on a trip. I had to scramble what to buy from a store and make something for dinner quickly since I was tired and hungry. It turned out that the chosen ingredients worked together really well.
This sandwich is very easy to make. All you need is some bread, peanut butter, fresh basil, smoked tofu, avocado and cherry tomatoes. I like to use bagel or bread with olives for this recipe. If bagels are not available in stores, I like to make my own oat bran bagels at home. And I almost always prefer cherry tomatoes over larger tomatoes. So let’s grab everything and put it together!
More delicious smoked tofu recipes:
- Beetroot Noodles Pesto Pasta
- Almond Butter Curry with Sweet Potato, Smoked Tofu, Spinach and Black Eyed Peas
Peanut Butter, Smoked Tofu, Avocado Sandwich (V)
This sandwich can be a tasty and quick option for a lunch or snack. The bread is spread with peanut butter, then topped with a thin layer of fresh basil, slices of smoked tofu, avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- 1 oat bran bagel or other bread cut in half
- 20 g peanut butter
- 3 leaves fresh basil
- 3 slices smoked tofu
- 35 g avocado sliced
- 35 g cherry tomatoes halved
- Cut bagel in half lengthwise.
- Spread the bottom part with peanut butter. Arrange fresh basil leaves on top of that.
- You can warm smoked tofu a little bit if you like. I like to put it in the microwave on 750 W for 1 min and 10 s. Arrange pieces of tofu over basil.
- Slice avocado and put the slices over tofu. Halve cherry tomatoes and put them over avocado. Close the sandwich with top part of the bread.
Serving: 1sandwichCalories: 552kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 29gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 1143mgFiber: 8gSugar: 5g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!