The idea for this sandwich came to me on a trip. I had to scramble what to buy from a store and make something for dinner quickly since I was tired and hungry. It’s great how sometimes things work out so well even when not planning. The ingredients for this sandwich come together beautifully and it’s very easy to make. All you need is some bread, peanut butter, fresh basil, smoked tofu, avocado and cherry tomatoes. I like to use bagel or bread with olives for this recipe. And I almost always prefer cherry tomatoes over larger tomatoes. So let’s grab everything and put it together!
Peanut Butter, Smoked Tofu, Avocado Sandwich (V)
- 1 oat bran bagel or other bread cut in half
- 20 g peanut butter
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 3 slices smoked tofu
- 30-40 g avocado sliced
- 30-40 g cherry tomatoes halved
- Cut bagel in half lengthwise.
- Spread the bottom part with peanut butter. Arrange fresh basil leaves on top of that.
- You can warm smoked tofu a little bit if you like. I like to put it in the microwave on 750 W for 1 min and 10 s. Arrange pieces of tofu over basil.
- Slice avocado and put the slices over tofu. Halve cherry tomatoes and put them over avocado. Close the sandwich with top part of the bread.