Turmeric latte, also called golden milk, is a comforting drink with potentially many benefits to your health. Turmeric is said to have strong anti-Inflammatory properties. I love adding turmeric to curries and to any recipe that needs the bright yellow colour that otherwise eggs bring to a non-vegan recipe. In this latte however turmeric is the main star and I like to drink it for the health benefits.
Turmeric is better absorbed if it’s consumed with some freshly ground black pepper. So make sure that you don’t skip on this ingredient. Turmeric also breaks down and dissolves in fat. That’s the reason I added cashew butter to this latte. Well, that and also because it’s the secret ingredient that makes this latte super delicious and not just healthy.
You can enjoy turmeric latte warm or cold. Just know that the bright yellow colour of latte that you can see on the pictures will appear after heating the latte.
More delicious warm drinks recipes:
Turmeric Latte (V, GF)
- 240 ml (1 cup) unsweetened cashew or soy milk
- 18 g (1 tbsp) cashew butter
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder or substitute with a piece of fresh ginger
- 1/6 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- a sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon powder
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well together.
- Warm latte on the stove but don't make it too hot. Mix while you're heating it so it doesn't stick to the bottom. Turmeric latte will get a radiant yellow colour after heating it on the stove. If you wish to make iced latte (perfect for those hot summer days) add some ice cubes to the glass and pour the latte over it instead of heating it.
- Pour into a cup and sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.