Since I discovered Biscoff spread I’ve been trying to think of recipes where I can include it so I could eat it more. It really is one of the best spreads out there. And luckily it’s also completely plant based. I often like to use it instead of peanut butter, like on toast with banana or on yogurt with berries. My overnight oats with Biscoff and caramelized banana are probably my favourite dish or at least my favourite breakfast. The combination of Biscoff spread and caramelized banana is wonderful also with vegan crepes.
I’m using my basic vegan crepe recipe that you can find also in recipes like baked crepes with vegan cottage cheese, walnut crepes and vegan crepes with strawberry jam. I like to generously spread melted Biscoff spread on top of the crepe, fill it with caramelized banana slices, then top it with some more melted Biscoff spread and crushed Biscoff cookies. This dish will give Biscoff enthusiasts the hit they need.
Vegan Biscoff Caramelized Banana Crepes
- 30 g all purpose flour sifted
- a small pinch of turmeric powder for colour
- a pinch of salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sparkling water
- 50 ml (3 tbsp + 1 tsp) unsweetened soy milk
- 10 g vegan butter melted
- 16 g (1 tbsp) unsweetened soy yogurt I make my own at home
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) maple syrup
For making crepe:
- 1/3 tsp vegan butter
- 40 g (2 tbsp + 2/3 tsp) Biscoff spread melted
- 1 banana sliced
- a drizzle of coconut oil
- 10 g (1 2/3 tsp) Biscoff spread melted
- 1 Biscoff cookie crushed
- Sift the flour then add turmeric and salt. Mix together.
- Add all other ingredients and mix together until there are no more lumps.
- Melt 1/3 tsp of vegan butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat and spill the crepe mixture over it. Rotate the pan with the handle so that the mixture spreads evenly around the pan.
- Wait until the top of the crepe is no longer wet then flip it over. After the other side is cooked, flip it once more and cook for a little bit. Transfer crepe to a larger plate.
- Melt Biscoff spread over low heat then spread it on top of crepe.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and drizzle coconut oil over it. Place slices of banana and cook for 2 min. Turn every slice around and cook for 1 min on the other side.
- Arrange banana slices on one half of crepe.
- Fold the other half of crepe over banana slices and close the crepe.
- Melt Biscoff spread over low heat. Drizzle it on top of crepe.
- Crush Biscoff cookie with a back of a fork and sprinkle cookie crumbs over melted Biscoff spread.