This chocolate cheesecake is an adaptation of the otherwise non-vegan cheesecake from Baker by Nature. I replaced all the non-vegan ingredients with vegan ones and also used a different sweetener in the filling. I sweetened my cheesecake with medjool dates. I also decreased the filling and ganache by a third to make the cheesecake smaller. Unlike the original you don’t have to bake this cheesecake. Just put it in the fridge instead and let it set.
When it comes to chocolate cheesecake I want mine to be really dreamy and creamy. This one definitely delivers. It’s rich, decadent and amazingly delicious. You’ll be in chocolate heaven with every bite.
More delicious chocolate recipes:
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- 180 g vegan chocolate cookies I used 16 Oreos with the filling
- 45 g (3 tbsp) vegan butter melted
- 225 g Lindt 70 % chocolate chopped
- 450 g vegan plain cream cheese
- 170 g medjool dates
- 11 g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 180 g silken tofu I used extra firm silken tofu
- 120 ml (8 tbsp) coconut cream just cream from a can of coconut cream without the water
- 1/3 tsp vanilla powder
- 200 ml (3/4 cup + 4 tsp) coconut cream just cream from a can of coconut cream without the water
- 150 g Lindt 70 % chocolate chopped
- 40 g (8 tsp) vegan butter
To decorate (optional):
- chocolate shavings or curls
- Crush cookies in a blender and transfer them to a bowl.
- Pour over melted butter and mix together.
- Press the crust onto a greased 23 cm baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Put the crust in a refrigerator while you work on the filling.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in a double boiler.
- Put all ingredients except the chocolate in a blender and mix together. Then add also the melted chocolate and mix again.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread it evenly.
- Put cheesecake in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Bring coconut cream to a boil then pour it over chocolate pieces. Mix together until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add also vegan butter to the mix and mix together until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the ganache over the filling.
- Put cheesecake back in the refrigerator for the ganache to set.