This Ferrero Rocher Nutella cheesecake is a vegan adaptation of an otherwise non-vegan dessert from My Evil Twin’s Kitchen. When I first saw it I knew I had to make a vegan version using my homemade vegan Nutella and vegan Ferrero Rocher bliss balls. It’s a rich and indulgent cheesecake and it really celebrates roasted hazelnuts and chocolate.
Beside replacing non-vegan ingredients with vegan ones I made a few adjustments in the layers themselves. I’m using medjool dates and maple syrup for the sweeteners. Unlike the original recipe you don’t have to bake this cheesecake. Instead you just put it in the refrigerator for a few hours and let it set.
Vegan Ferrero Rocher Nutella Cheesecake
- 290 g vegan cookies I used McVitie's Hobnobs
- 105 g hazelnuts roasted
- 40 ml (8 tsp) maple syrup
- 80 g vegan butter melted
- 90 g vegan Nutella softened
- 170 g vegan cream cheese plain
- 170 g (2/3 cup) unsweetened soy yogurt I make my own at home
- 115 g medjool dates
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) coconut cream* only the cream part from a can of coconut cream (without water)
- heaped 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 250 g silken tofu (I used extra firm)
- 340 g vegan Nutella
- 55 g Lindt 70 % chocolate melted
- 75 g Lindt 70 % chocolate melted
- 50 g vegan Nutella softened
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) coconut cream* only the cream part from a can of coconut cream (without water)
- 10 g vegan butter melted
- 35 g hazelnuts roasted
Vegan Ferrero Rocher balls:
- First prepare the batter for Ferrero Rocher balls as it will have to set in the refrigerator for a few hours. You will need 10 balls for this recipe.
- Make vegan Nutella following instructions here. You will need about 1 + 1/3 of the recipe.
- Roast hazelnuts for the crust at 180 °C for 10 min.
- While hazelnuts are roasting line with baking paper the bottom and sides of a 24 cm round baking dish.
- Crush vegan cookies in a food processor so that you get crumbs. Work in smaller batches so that it's easier. Transfer cookie crumbs to a larger bowl.
- When hazelnuts are roasted, take them out of the oven and leave them to chill a little bit. Then rub their skin off with your fingers. It's ok if some of the skin doesn't come off.
- Put hazelnuts on a wooden board and crush them with a back of the fork into small pieces. They should resemble the pieces in Ferrero Rocher balls outer coating. Add crushed hazelnuts to cookie crumbs.
- Pour maple syrup over dry ingredients.
- Melt vegan butter and soften vegan Nutella in a pot over low heat. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything together well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and press it with your fingers on the bottom and also a little bit on the sides, a little less than 1/2 height of the sides.
- Put the crust in the refrigerator while you work on the filling.
- Put vegan cream cheese, soy yogurt, medjool dates, coconut cream, vanilla and silken tofu in a food processor and mix well. Then add vegan Nutella and mix again.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler on low heat. Add melted chocolate to the mixture in a food processor and mix again.
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator and pour the filling over it. Spread the top equally and even out the surface on top.
- Put the cheesecake back in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to set.
Vegan Ferrero Rocher balls:
- Complete the second part of instructions for the Ferrero Rocher balls after the batter is set and able to work with.
- Roast hazelnuts for the ganache at 180 °C for 10 min. Leave them to cool a little bit then rub their skin off with your fingers.
- Put hazelnuts on a wooden board and crush them with a back of the fork into small pieces. They should resemble the pieces in Ferrero Rocher balls outer coating.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. To the melted chocolate add vegan Nutella, coconut cream and vegan butter. Mix gently over low heat until the ingredients are melted and mixed together.
- Add crushed roasted hazelnuts to the mixture and mix them into the batter.
- Take cheesecake out of the refrigerator and pour the ganache over the filling. Spread it equally.
- Arrange 10 Ferrero Rocher balls on top of the ganache while it's still wet so that bliss balls will set on top.
- Put cheesecake back in the refrigerator for the ganache to set.