This hot chocolate is rich, luxurious and thick. I make it with evaporated coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk that don’t leave any coconut flavour but make this drink creamy and delicious.
For the chocolate I’m using Lindt 70 % which is the best quality in my opinion. Then I mix in arrowroot or cornstarch powder to thicken the chocolate. I decorate this indulgent drink with some plant based whipped cream and some grated chocolate.
More delicious warm drinks recipes:
Vegan Hot Chocolate (GF)
- 240 ml (1 cup) evaporated coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch powder
- 30 g sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- a pinch of salt
- 30 g Lindt 70 % chocolate
- whipped plant based cream
- grated chocolate
- Pour evaporated coconut milk in a pot.
- In a small cup put arrowroot or constrach powder. Take 1/2 tbsp of evaporated coconut milk from a pot and add it to the starch. Mix together until you get a slurry. Then pour the slurry back to the rest of evaporated coconut milk. Mix together.
- Add to the pot also condensed coconut milk, vanilla and salt.
- Put the pot on the stove and heat it until it starts boiling. Leave it to boil for a few seconds, then turn the heat off.
- Add chocolate to the pot and leave it to melt. Mix together and whisk so that chocolate incorporates completely into the mixture.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Decorate with plant based whipped cream and grated chocolate if desired. Serve warm.