This sandwich is super delicious, full of strong flavours that come together beautifully. For this vegan meatball sub I’m using my homemade baguette, homemade marinara sauce and homemade vegan pesto. You can use store bought vegan meatballs and vegan mozzarella or make them at home.
The time spent in kitchen will vary depending on which ingredients you choose to make at home. You can prepare them in advance and then just assemble them in a couple of minutes. This sandwich is comfort food and a great option for lunch or dinner.
Vegan Meatball Sub
- First make homemade baguette or use a store bought one.
- Prepare homemade marinara sauce.
- Prepare store bought or homemade vegan meatballs. Mix them with marinara sauce and coat them with it.
- Prepare store bought or homemade vegan mozzarella.
- Prepare homemade vegan pesto. You will need just a little bit of it for this recipe.
- Assemble all together. Slice 1/3 baguette. Spread marinara sauce on bottom and top part of inner side of bread. Place three vegan meatballs on the bottom part of bread. Place vegan mozzarella on top of vegan meatballs. Tuck vegan pesto between the meatballs. Cover with the top part of bread.
- Toast the sandwich in the oven at 230 °C for 5-10 min.