This post may contain affiliate links.
This pasta is great for times when you want to throw things together quickly because you can prepare ingredients beforehand. I’m using my homemade marinara for the sauce. You can use store bought vegan meatballs or you can make them at home. Sprinkle some cashew parmesan on top for that finishing touch.
Vegan Meatballs Pasta (GF Option)
- 200 g vegan pasta of choice gluten free if needed
- 1/2 batch marinara sauce
- 6 vegan meatballs store bought or homemade; gluten free if needed
- cashew parmesan recipe below
- 15 g cashews
- 1 1/4 tsp nutritional yeast (I used fortified with B12)
- a pinch of salt
- If you are making homemade vegan meatballs, first prepare them.
- If you are using store bought vegan meatballs, follow the instructions on the packaging and prepare them.
- Prepare marinara sauce. You will need 1/2 batch for this recipe.
- Crush all ingredients for the cashew parmesan in a blender.
- Boil 1.5 litres of water in a larger pot then add 2 tsp of salt and pasta into the boiling water. Wait until it starts boiling again then turn the heat to medium and cook per instructions on the pasta box.
- Discard most of the pasta water, save just a little bit for later.
- Return pot with pasta to the stove on low heat. Add warm marinara sauce and mix together. If the mixture is too dry, add a little bit of the pasta water. (Alternatively you can serve marinara sauce on top of pasta without premixing them together.)
- Divide pasta between two bowls. Place warm 3 vegan meatballs on top of each plate. Sprinkle cashew parmesan on top (or alternatively serve it on the side).
Walking Through Lavender Fields is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Walking Through Lavender Fields will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use through my affiliate links.