This dish combines two amazing separate recipes. The first are golden roasted potatoes cooked in water with baking soda and then baked in the oven for that crispy bite. The second one is my incredible vegan pesto sauce with which you coat the potatoes after roasting them. Together they make a beyond delicious side dish.
Roasted potatoes are such a comfort food for me and are my favourite way of eating potatoes besides mashed potatoes. My vegan pesto just elevates that experience to another level. Pair these vegan pesto potatoes with sautéed leafy greens and beans for a hearty meal.
Vegan Pesto Potatoes (GF)
You will be blown away by the deliciousness that these vegan pesto potatoes bring to a plate. Crispy golden roasted potatoes are coated with rich and flavourful homemade vegan pesto sauce to make this incredible side dish that will be the star on the table.
- 1 batch roasted young potatoes
- a little less than 1/4 vegan pesto
- First roast pine nuts for vegan pesto.
- Prepare and roast potatoes as the instructions say but don't use rosemary in this case. You can also use salt and pepper sparingly since the vegan pesto has salt and pepper already.
- While potatoes are roasting finish making vegan pesto as per instructions.
- When potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and transfer them into a pot or bowl. Add vegan pesto and mix well together.
- Serve warm.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 456kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 8gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 323mgFiber: 10gSugar: 5g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!