Ferrero Rocher was my favourite sweet treat when I was still vegetarian. I wanted to create a vegan version of these little bliss balls that is even more exquisite as the original. My Ferrero Rocher bliss balls are also gluten free. I’m using my vegan Nutella for the soft centre of bliss balls, deeply roasted hazelnuts and 60 % chocolate for the coating.
More delicious copycat candy recipes:
Vegan Ferrero Rocher Bliss Balls (GF)
These vegan Ferrero Rocher bliss balls are exquisite and decadent dessert bites made with homemade vegan Nutella, deeply roasted hazelnuts and chocolate coating. You will be amazed at how better they taste than the original Ferrero Rocher.
- 180 g vegan Nutella
- 70 g hazelnuts roasted
- 100 g Lindt 60 %
- Make vegan Nutella. You will need a little more than half a batch for this recipe.
- Put vegan Nutella in a freezer for about two hours or until it's hard enough to work with.
- Roast hazelnuts at 180 °C for 10 min. Leave them to cool down then rub their skin off with your fingers.
- Take 10 hazelnuts and put them aside. They will go into the middle of every bliss ball.
- Put the rest of roasted hazelnuts on a wooden board and crush them with the back of a fork. The goal is to get small pieces to roll the balls into. You don't want them to be too big but also not too small.
- Take vegan Nutella from the freezer and divide it into 10 equal parts.
- Take first of these pieces, flatten it out, put one whole hazelnut in the middle then wrap that hazelnut into the chocolate mixture and shape a ball with your hands. Repeat with the rest of the nine vegan Nutella pieces and hazelnuts. If the vegan Nutella gets too wet from the heat of rubbing it with your hands put it back in the freezer so it hardens again before proceeding.
- Roll all 10 balls into crushed hazelnuts.
- Put balls back in the freezer for a little while so they harden again.
- Melt Lindt 60 % in a double boiler over low heat.
- Take one bliss ball from the freezer and coat it in melted chocolate. Be careful to not put too much chocolate since the hazelnut coating will not be as visible with heavy chocolate coating and the chocolate can overpower the filling.
- Repeat the same with the rest of bliss balls.
- Put chocolate coated bliss balls on a plate lined with parchment paper. Store them in the fridge for the chocolate to harden.
Serving: 1bliss ballCalories: 202kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 3gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 19mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!