This vegan Nutella tastes just like the real thing. I wanted to create a vegan version of this classic chocolate hazelnut spread that doesn’t try to be healthy but instead just simply wants to be the best possible imitation of the non-vegan original.
My vegan Nutella is made with roasted hazelnuts, evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla powder and 60 % chocolate. Make sure to use quality chocolate. I always use Lindt.
Use vegan Nutella in these delicious recipes:
- Vegan Nutella toast
- Vegan Crepes
- Vegan Nutella and Caramelised Banana Porridge
- Vegan Ferrero Rocher Bliss Balls
Vegan Nutella (GF)
- Roast hazelnuts at 180 °C for 10 min. When they cool down a little bit, rub them with your fingers to peel their skin off. It doesn't have to be perfect, just that you remove the majority off.
- Put hazelnuts in a blender and mix so they transform into hazelnut butter.
- Now add evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla to the hazelnut butter and blend everything together.
- Chop chocolate into smaller pieces and put them in a double boiler to slowly melt. Add melted chocolate to the mixture and blend again.
- Pour the content into a bowl and store it in the fridge.