This vegan Nutella tastes just like the real thing. I wanted to create a vegan version of this classic chocolate hazelnut spread that doesn’t try to be healthy but instead just simply wants to be the best possible imitation of the non-vegan original.
My vegan Nutella is made with roasted hazelnuts, evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla and 60 % chocolate. Make sure to use quality chocolate. I always use Lindt.
There is many options how to use this delicious spread. The most simple and classic is to just spread it on bread, but it can be used also as a spread in vegan crepes or as a topping for porridge. A delicious upgrade is to create amazing vegan Ferrero Rocher bliss balls that have vegan Nutella centre or blend it with vegan ice cream to make Nutella milkshake.
Vegan Nutella (GF)
- Roast hazelnuts at 180 °C for 10 min. When they cool down a little bit, rub them with your fingers to peel their skin off. It doesn't have to be perfect, just that you remove the majority off.
- Put hazelnuts in a blender and mix so they transform into hazelnut butter.
- Now add evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla to the hazelnut butter and blend everything together.
- Chop chocolate into smaller pieces and put them in a double boiler over low heat to slowly melt. Add melted chocolate to the mixture and blend again.
- Pour the content into a bowl and store it in the fridge.