This vegan Nutella tastes just like the real thing. I wanted to create a vegan version of this classic chocolate hazelnut spread that doesn’t try to be healthy but instead just simply wants to be the best possible imitation of the non-vegan original.
My vegan Nutella is made with roasted hazelnuts, evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla powder and 60 % chocolate. Make sure to use quality chocolate. I always use Lindt.
Use vegan Nutella in these delicious recipes:
- Vegan Nutella toast
- Vegan Nutella and Strawberry Jam Crepes
- Vegan Nutella and Caramelised Banana Porridge
- Vegan Ferrero Rocher Bliss Balls
Vegan Nutella (GF)
Silky and smooth vegan chocolate hazelnut spread that tastes just like real Nutella. Use it as a spread on bread, on crepes, on porridge or as a vegan Ferrero Rocher centre.
- Roast hazelnuts at 180 °C for 10 min. When they cool down a little bit, rub them with your fingers to peel their skin off. It doesn't have to be perfect, just that you remove the majority off.
- Put hazelnuts in a blender and mix so they transform into hazelnut butter.
- Now add evaporated coconut milk, vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla to the hazelnut butter and blend everything together.
- Chop chocolate into smaller pieces and put them in a double boiler over low heat to slowly melt. Add melted chocolate to the mixture and blend again.
- Pour the content into a bowl and store it in the fridge.
*The recipe as written yields 345g (1 cup + 3 tbsp) of vegan Nutella.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 151kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 23mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!
ClayFebruary 12, 2023 at 05:23
i wish they sold this looks so good
NinaFebruary 12, 2023 at 08:21
Thank you, Clay!