Perhaps you have heard of the well known food combination from Greece, where you join greek yoghurt and honey together (often walnuts are also added) in a wonderful dessert (or breakfast or snack). This recipe derives from this combination but one new original ingredient is added that makes a difference.
This incredible recipe is an invention of my husband. One morning he put three simple ingredients together and this amazing snack was born in our home. My husband used real greek yoghurt and real honey for his breakfast because he is a vegetarian and not vegan. Since a really good vegan greek yoghurt and vegan honey are both available to me, this was a very easy recipe to veganise.
This is a super quick and easy recipe, since it literally takes 2 minutes to put everything together. Maybe even one minute, depending on how quick you can find these three ingredients in your kitchen. Once again it’s proven that the best things are sometimes the simplest ones.
More delicious easy recipes with vegan greek yoghurt:
- Mango Chia Pudding with Vegan Greek Yoghurt
- Vegan Lassi
- Breakfast Banana Split or Berry Yoghurt Bowl
- Caramelised Apples with Vegan Dulce de Leche
Vegan Greek Yoghurt with Vegan Honey (and Tahini) (GF)
- 200 g vegan greek yoghurt I used Sojade
- 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) vegan honey I used Genuss ohne Reue
- 18 g (1 tbsp) tahini I used Shahin
- Put vegan greek yoghurt in a small bowl.
- Drizzle a generous amount of vegan honey over it. If you want to make a vegan version of the classic greek recipe stop here. Otherwise drizzle also tahini over the other two ingredients.