This is a gorgeous garlicky, buttery, crunchy and cheesy bread that can be eaten as a snack with some dip or as a side with warm soup or sautéed leafy greens and beans. If you wish you can skip the cheesy part and make only garlic bread. I love both ways, depending on what I want to serve this dish with. For example, I love eating garlic bread with spinach and artichoke dip. But because this dip is already cheesy, I wouldn’t make garlic cheesy bread with it. I like to eat garlic cheesy bread on its own as a snack, much more than just garlic bread, as the cheesy part does add another level to the dish.
I like to make my own fresh baguette at home for this meal. But you can make the process easier and just buy one. You could slice the bread and spread the garlicky and cheesy mixture on every single slice. I like to cut into a baguette so that slices are visible but not separated yet. I then spread all the goodness in the holes between slices. That way you can serve a whole baguette and tear every slice separately as you eat.
Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread (or just Garlic Bread)
- 1 baguette I like to make my own at home
- 60 g vegan butter melted
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 10 g fresh parsley chopped thinly
- a pinch of salt
- 60 g vegan cheese grated
- If you wish, first make your own baguette.
- Melt vegan butter over low heat.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley. Add them to melted vegan butter.
- Add also salt and mix.
- Cut slices into baguette but don't cut it all the way.
- Brush garlic mixture in the cut holes of baguette.
- Grate vegan cheese (I used Epic Mature Cheedar from Violife). Sprinkle it into every hole of baguette. (Skip this step if making only garlic bread.)
- Bake at 200 °C for 10-15 min so that vegan cheese is melted and the bread is crunchy.