My version of cinnamon rice pudding is super creamy and delicious. I’m using evaporated coconut milk which gives this dish rich taste but doesn’t leave a clear coconut taste. To add sweetness I’m using condensed coconut milk because I don’t want the sweetener to change the overall taste. Since condensed coconut milk is basically sweetened evaporated coconut milk it combines with it very well.
It’s really easy to make this dessert. Just put all ingredients in a pot, bring it to boil and then cook for 20 minutes. Stir often in between so that rice doesn’t stick too much to the bottom. If you wish you can add cinnamon to make cinnamon rice pudding. Put it in the fridge to cool it down or do as I do and eat it warm.
More delicious rice recipes:
- Indian Rice and Beans
- Almond Butter Curry with Sweet Potato, Smoked Tofu, Spinach and Black Eyed Peas
- Peanut Butter Curry with Potatoes, Carrots, Green Peas and Green Lentils
Vegan Rice Pudding (GF)
- 150 g jasmine rice
- 480 ml (2 cups) evaporated coconut milk
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 3.75 g (3/4 tsp) vegan butter
- a pinch of salt
- 45 g sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon powder optional
- Place rice, evaporated coconut milk, water, vegan butter, salt and sweetened condensed coconut milk into a pot. Put the pot on the stove, cover and bring to boil over high heat. As vegan butter melts mix so that it incorporates into the mixture. Vegan butter helps prevent rice to stick together.
- Reduce to low and cook for 20 min, mix occasionally.
- After 20 min turn the heat off and mix in the cinnamon if using.
- Divide the mixture between three bowls and let it cool in the refrigerator or eat it warm.