I think avocado toast must be on garlic bread. It just gives avocado the punch in taste that it needs. This dish is perfect whenever I crave to eat a whole avocado which happens quite a lot. I love the creamy flesh of avocado that is just ripe enough. You can choose to mash it or slice it before you put it on toast. The softness of avocado pairs amazingly with the crunchiness of toasted bread.
I’m using my homemade baguette as the bread. I make it crunchy, buttery and garlicky by spreading vegan butter and minced garlic on top and then I toast it in the oven. Only a few minutes of toasting is enough. You can choose different toppings besides avocado, but my suggestion is to go with micro greens for the topping and kale chips as a side dish. I don’t want the toppings to interfere too much with the delicious garlic and avocado combo.
More delicious breakfast recipes with bread:
- Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Oat Bran Bagel with Vegan Cream Cheese
- Sweet Toast Ideas
- Warm Barley Coffee with Soaked Bread
Avocado Toast on Garlic Bread (V)
- ½ baguette I make my own at home
- 15 g (1 tbsp) vegan butter melted
- 1 garlic clove minced thinly
- a pinch of salt
- 1 (200g) avocado mashed or sliced
- micro greens
For the kale chips (optional):
- 75 g fresh kale
- 3.75 ml (3/4 tsp) olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- Cut half a baguette in two pieces lengthwise.
- Melt vegan butter over low heat.
- Mince garlic, then add it to the melted vegan butter. Add also salt and mix together.
- Brush butter mixture over the soft part of baguette.
- Toast the bread at 220 °C for 7 min with the soft part of baguette facing up.
- Mash or slice avocado and arrange it on top of bread.
- Decorate the top with some micro greens.
- If you wish you can make kale chips to go along with it. Use only the softer part of kale without larger stems. Chop it into smaller pieces. Drizzle olive oil over kale and sprinkle some salt. Massage it with your hands so that olive oil is well spread over the leaves. Roast at 180 °C for about 15 min, turn the leaves around halfway through.