This post may contain affiliate links.
I was sitting in a restaurant in Cyprus waiting for my order when the waiter brought a little dip and some bread to my table as a starter. It tasted amazing so I was curious to know more. I did some research and found that it was tahini with carob molasses, a dish from the Middle East. They usually eat it with pita bread.
Tahini and Carob Molasses (V)
- 36 g (2 tbsp) runny tahini
- 5 ml (1 tsp) carob syrup
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 small pita bread sliced
- Pour tahini into a small cup.
- In a separate cup mix together carob syrup and maple syrup then pour this mixture over tahini, making a nice drizzle effect.
- Serve with pita bread. I like to make my pita bread warm so I put it in the microwave on 750 W for 10 seconds.
Walking Through Lavender Fields is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Walking Through Lavender Fields will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use through my affiliate links.