Baba ganoush is a delicious and super creamy spread. The best taste comes from tahini so choose the one that you really like. You prepare this spread by roasting eggplants for 40 min in the oven. After that just mix all ingredients together in a blender. If you wish you can add vegan greek style yogurt but it’s not really necessary. You can decorate baba ganoush with some olive oil, smoked paprika, parsley and pomegranate seeds.
Spread baba ganoush on a piece of bread, serve it with some vegetables for a quick snack or as part of a meze with tabbouleh salad, fattoush salad, hummus, falafel, tahini sauce, tahini and carob molasses and pita bread.
Baba Ganoush (V, GF)
- 2 medium eggplants
- olive oil for brushing
- 72 g (1/4 cup) hulled tahini
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- a pinch of black pepper
- 32 g (2 tbsp) vegan greek style yogurt optional
- Cut the top green part off the eggplants. Then cut both eggplants in half lengthwise. Put all 4 halves on a baking tray so that the cut side is facing up. Brush the top side with a little bit of olive oil. Roast them at 180 °C for 40 min.
- When the roasting is done, take them out and let them cool a little bit. Then scoop the flesh out with a spoon, discard the skin (do not skip this step as it makes all of the difference in taste). Put flesh of the eggplants into a blender.
- Put the other ingredients into a blender too and mix together well.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and top with desired toppings like a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of smoked paprika, chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- You can serve baba ganoush as a snack with some vegetables (carrots, cucumbers, peppers, radishes, olives), as part of a meze with other dishes (tabbouleh, fattoush, hummus, falafel, pita bread) or spread it on a piece of bread.