This baba ganoush is super creamy and delicious. The flesh of roasted aubergines is mixed together with tahini, lemon juice and spices. If you wish you can add vegan greek yoghurt for an equally delicious but a bit different flavour. Decorate your baba ganoush with some olive oil, smoked paprika, parsley and pomegranate seeds.
Spread baba ganoush on bread, serve it with some vegetables for a quick snack or as part of a Lebanese Meze with Tabbouleh Salad, Fattoush Salad, Hummus, Falafel Balls, Tahini Sauce, Tahini and Carob Molasses and pita bread.
Baba Ganoush (V, GF)
- 3 medium aubergines
- olive oil for brushing
- 108 g (6 tbsp) hulled tahini
- 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- heaped 1/3 tsp salt or to taste
- a pinch of black pepper
- 48 g (3 tbsp) vegan greek style yoghurt optional
- Cut the top green part off the aubergines. Then cut each aubergine in half lengthwise. Put all 6 halves on a baking tray so that the cut side is facing up. Brush the top side with a little bit of olive oil. Roast them at 180 °C for 40 min.
- When the roasting is done, take them out and let them cool a little bit. Then scoop the flesh out with a spoon, discard the skin (do not skip this step as it makes all of the difference in taste). Put flesh of the aubergines into a blender.
- Put the other ingredients into a blender too and mix together well.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and top with desired toppings, like a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of smoked paprika, chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds.