I loved eating crepes when I was a child, even without any filling in them. I was excited for every crepe that came out of the pan a little deformed, so I could eat the torn pieces. Here I’ve created a basic vegan crepe recipe that reminds me of the non-vegan crepes of my childhood. These are also just as delicious on their own.
Spread some strawberry jam, some other jam, vegan Nutella or some other spread of choice on these crepes then roll them and enjoy this fun and delicious breakfast with your family. Don’t forget to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top if desired.
More delicious fillings for vegan crepes:
- Walnut Crepes (veganske orehove palačinke)
- Baked Crepes with Vegan Cottage Cheese (veganske gratinirane skutine palačinke)
- Biscoff Caramelised Banana Crepes
This recipe for vegan crepes will not disappoint. The taste is amazing. Spread them with strawberry jam, some other jam or vegan Nutella. What better way to start your morning!
- 750 g all purpose flour sifted
- 1/5 tsp turmeric powder for colour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 ml (1 cup + 2 tsp) sparkling water
- 1250 ml (5 cups + 10 tsp) unsweetened soy milk
- 250 g (1 cup + 2 tsp) vegan butter melted
- 400 g (1 1/2 cups + 1 tbsp) unsweetened soy yoghurt
- 62.5 ml (4 tbsp + 1/2 tsp) maple syrup
For making crepes:
- 16.7 g (1 tbsp + 1/3 tsp) vegan butter divided
- Sift flour into a large bowl, then add turmeric powder and salt. Mix together. In a separate bowl put all other wet ingredients and mix together, then pour them over dry mixture, whisking as you are pouring so there are no lumps in the end. You can also put all ingredients in a blender if you have large enough one and mix together in a smooth batter. Leave the batter stand for about 30 min or you can skip this step and proceed with the next one.
- Melt 1/3 tsp of vegan butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat and spread it around with a brush, making sure that you go a little bit up on the edges of the pan. Wait a couple of minutes so that the pan gets hot, then spill 1 ladle of the crepes mixture over it. Rotate the pan with the handle so that the mixture spreads evenly around the pan. Wait until the top of the crepe is no longer wet or at least most of it is not longer wet (this should take about 2 min 30s) then flip it over. Cook the other side for about 1 min then flip the crepe once more and cook the first side for additional 1 min or so. The first crepe usually needs this additional flipping for the first side, while all the following crepes won't need it. Transfer crepe to a larger plate.
- Turn the heat to low, add 1/8 tsp of vegan butter and rotate the pan so that it spreads evenly around. Add the second 1 ladle of the crepes mixture. Rotate the pan with the handle so that the mixture spreads evenly in the pan. Turn the heat back to medium. When there are no more wet patches on top of the crepe (this should take 1 min 30s to 2 min) flip it over and cook the other side (for this side it should take about 1 min to cook). Transfer crepe to a larger plate.
- Repeat the last step 23 more times so that you get 25 crepes overall.
- Spread vegan crepes with strawberry or some other jam, vegan Nutella or some other spread of choice. Roll them or fold them into a triangle. Optional sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
Serving: 1crepeCalories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 57mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!