It’s really convenient to have a basic marinara sauce recipe to use it in many different dishes. My marinara sauce is super flavourful and it will make any dish delicious. From pasta, lasagna to pizza, vegan meatballs or vegan meatball sub this marinara sauce will elevate any recipe.
The rich flavour is built with a few key ingredients. Each ingredient brings something distinct to the final flavour so do not skip on any of them.
More delicious sauce recipes:
Marinara Sauce (V, GF)
This marinara sauce is bursting with flavour. Use it in pasta recipes, lasagnas, with vegan meatballs, in vegan meatball sub sandwich, on pizza or anywhere else your heart desires.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 800 g (2 cans) peeled crushed or diced tomatoes
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegan red wine I used Chianti Classico by Cecchi 2018
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 g (1 1/2 tbsp) nutritional yeast I used fortified with B12
- 4 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a pot. Add chilli flakes and toast them.
- Lower the heat and add diced tomatoes and wine. Increase the heat and wait for it to boil, then add oregano, maple syrup and salt.
- Again lower the heat to medium and cook uncovered until the sauce thickens. Mine took about 30 min.
- Add nutritional yeast, tomato paste and chopped basil. Cook for 1 min more then turn off the heat.
*Add basil in the last minute of cooking so that it doesn’t lose the flavour when it’s exposed to heat for too long. *Use fresh not dried oregano and basil for the best taste. *Constructed with tips from the Minimalist Baker.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 165kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 377mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!