These mashed potatoes are incredibly creamy and pair wonderfully as a side to many other dishes. With only 5 ingredients this is a simple dish to prepare and one you will want to come back for more. Just cook peeled potatoes in water, then mash them and mix with vegan butter, cashews and soy milk. Add salt and it’s done.
If you want to bring some colour to the plate, you can use purple/blue potatoes instead of regular ones. They’re just as delicious. I like to cook purple potatoes over steam so that their beautiful colour doesn’t go into water while cooking.
More delicious potatoes recipes:
- Roasted Potatoes
- Vegan Pesto Potatoes
- Peanut Butter Curry with Potatoes, Carrots, Green Peas and Green Lentils
- Not So Traditional English Breakfast
Vegan Mashed Potatoes (GF)
A truly dreamy creamy vegan mashed potatoes with an amazing, rich taste that will make an impression on your guests.
- 2 kg potatoes peeled and cubed
- 150 g (10 tbsp) vegan butter or more if desired
- 100 g cashews or more if desired
- 200 ml (3/4 cup + 4 tsp) unsweetened soy or cashew milk or more if needed
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Peel and chop the potatoes. You will need 2 kg of potatoes after peeling.
- Add potatoes to the pot and fill it with water so that all potatoes are covered with water. Bring it to boil then turn to low and cook for 20 min.
- When potatoes are towards the end of cooking melt vegan butter over low heat. Put cashews and soy milk in a blender and mix into smooth consistency. The quantity of cashews and vegan butter stated above are the minimum that I would recommend to get a great creamy taste. If you want a dreamy creamy taste you can put more vegan butter and cashews. I can sometimes go up to 220 grams of vegan butter and 150 grams of cashews. But that of course does make it more caloric.
- After potatoes are cooked, discard the water. Mash potatoes with masher well until you get fluffy potatoes without any chunks in them.
- Add melted vegan butter, cashew mixture and salt to potatoes and mix well. Add more soy milk if needed to get the right consistency that you want.
*You can also use purple/blue potatoes. They’re just as delicious. I like to cook purple potatoes over steam.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 379kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 7gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 701mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4g
Did you like this recipe?Tag @WalkingThroughLavenderFields on Instagram or hashtag it #walkingthroughlavenderfields!