This post may contain affiliate links.
I lovingly call this dish Not So Traditional English Breakfast. It tastes better to me than the original English breakfast because I’m not a fan of fried food, mushrooms and baked beans. This original twist to a classic is especially tasty after a hard workout of lifting weights when I need to replenish my strength.
This recipe combines several different dishes together: roasted potatoes, scrambled tofu and chana masala. You can choose which dish you want to include. For example, you may want to skip the toasted bread and choose roasted potatoes instead. If you want a gluten free version choose an appropriate vegan sausage besides skipping on bread.
There are several dishes that you have to make for this recipe so it’s good to have a partner in crime in the kitchen. That way everything comes together quickly.
Not So Traditional English Breakfast (V, GF option)
- Start preparing roasted potatoes as they will take the longest.
- After you put potatoes in the oven start preparing scrambled tofu.
- While scrambled tofu is cooking and potatoes are roasting start preparing chana masala.
- Toast the bread and sausages on a pan.
- Slice cherry tomatoes and avocado.
- Assemble it all together equally on two plates. Serve warm.
Walking Through Lavender Fields is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Walking Through Lavender Fields will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I love and use through my affiliate links.