Greek salad is such a classic. The ingredients are simple, fresh and go together very well. Nowadays it’s fairly easy to replace feta cheese with a vegan version of it as there are options to buy that resemble the taste of it. I like to use my favourite plain firm tofu in my vegan greek salad instead of feta cheese. Mediterranea brand has this amazing tofu that I can eat plain without doing anything to change its flavour. It fits perfectly in this salad and it doesn’t make me miss feta cheese in its place.
All other ingredients in the salad stay as they are in the original. Chop some tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, red onion and mix them with kalamata olives and capers. I do like to use cherry tomatoes in my salad instead of the large tomatoes. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil and dried oregano over the salad and this delicious meal is ready. To make it even a more complete meal serve it with some homemade classic hummus, roasted red pepper or raw beetroot hummus or baba ganoush.
More delicious recipes with plain firm tofu:
Vegan Greek Salad (GF)
- 200 g cucumber sliced
- 300 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 60 g (half a) green pepper sliced
- 40 g red onion sliced
- 50 g kalamata olives whole with pits
- 15 g capers
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano plus additional sprinkle to top tofu
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 20 ml (4 tsp) olive oil divided
- 200 g plain firm tofu I recommend Mediterranea
- In a large bowl put chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, onion, kalamata olives and capers.
- Sprinkle dried oregano, salt (I put 1/16 tsp), black pepper and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the vegetables. Mix together well.
- Top the salad with 2 cubes of plain firm tofu. Drizzle additional 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle additional dried oregano over tofu.