I love eating raw spiralized beetroot and a combination with my vegan pesto is just divine. This can be a great light lunch or dinner and an appetizer or snack if made in a smaller batch. You can easily replace beetroot for other vegetable of choice. My favourite is definitely beetroot though. Because the depth of this vegetable goes really well with the depth of vegan pesto.
You can add anything you wish to this vegetable pasta. My suggestions below are ones that I like the best with this dish. If you are craving real pasta with pesto sauce check this recipe.
Beetroot Noodles Pesto Pasta (V, GF)
- 1 large beetroot (or other vegetable like zucchini, sweet potato, cucumber)
- vegan pesto you will need about 1/6 of this recipe
- 40 g smoked tofu cubed
- 40 g avocado sliced
- 40 g beans of choice
- fresh basil leaves
- a sprinkle of hemp seeds
- Make vegan pesto by following these instructions. You will need about 1/6 of the recipe.
- Peel and spiralize beetroot (mine weighed 134 grams after peeling). Add vegan pesto and mix with two forks or with your hands.
- Cube smoked tofu, slice avocado and add them to the beetroot.
- Discard the water from a can of chosen beans (I went with adzuki beans) and add them to the beetroots.
- Add fresh basil leaves. If they're larger you can cut them into ribbons. Mix everything together well.
- Sprinkle some hemp seeds on top.
- If you wish you can replace beetroot in this recipe with another vegetable, like sweet potato, zucchini or cucumber. If you choose sweet potato, steam noodles for about 5 min. I would replace smoked tofu with plain firm tofu in zucchini and cucumber noodles, choose white beans and add some fresh spinach and some roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds along with avocado and hemp seeds.