My husband and I love this vegan pesto pasta. It’s made with my beyond amazing vegan pesto that we never get tired of eating. It’s also very quick and easy to make. You can add some vegetables that bring some freshness to the creamy sauce, like green peas, broccoli or cherry tomatoes. I recommend using fusilli as the pasta in this dish because they coat evenly with a heavier sauce like this vegan pesto.
I love fresh basil and often use it in a sandwich or burger instead of leafy greens. It always makes me happy when I’m doing something with basil in my kitchen since the divine smell of basil stays on my fingers for some time. Do you feel similar about this herb?
More delicious vegan pesto recipes:
- Vegan Pesto Pizza
- Beetroot Noodles Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Pesto Potatoes
- Green Goddess Sandwich
- Vegan Cheese Board
Vegan Pesto Pasta (GF Option)
- 1 batch of vegan pesto
- 300 g fusilli pasta gluten free if needed
- cashew parmesan recipe below
- fresh basil leaves
- 18 g cashews
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast I used fortified with B12
- 1/16 tsp salt
- Make vegan
pesto. Set aside.
- Boil 3L of water in a larger pot then add 1 tbsp of salt and pasta into the boiling water. Wait until it starts boiling again then turn the heat to medium and cook per instructions on the pasta box.
- Discard the pasta water, put cooked pasta back in a pot along with vegan pesto. Mix well. Return the pot on the warm turned-off stove and leave it for a minute or two so the pesto gets warm.
- Remove the pot from the warm stove. Divide between three bowls. Top with a sprinkle of cashew parmesan and decorate with fresh basil leaves.